Monday, September 6, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Last week I finally got a copy of Julia Child's famous Mastering the Art of French Cooking from the library--I was on the hold list for months! I've been browsing through it and everything is butter this and cream that, and the recipes are named beautiful things like Gateau de Crepes a la Florentine and Caneton a L'Orange. Mmmmmm. Admittedly, I'm a little overwhelmed by it all, but I'm going to include at least one recipe from the book this week, and then when I have a chance to look through it in more depth, I'll hopefully try a few more the next week.

So, on the menu this week:
  • Sweet Potato Ravioli with Asiago Cheese - This was on the menu last week but I never got to it. I'm planning it for tomorrow!
  • Supremes de Volaille aux Champignons (Chicken Breasts with Mushrooms and Cream) from Mastering the Art of French Cooking with pasta and a salad
  • Chinese Chicken Salad - this is a recipe my mother-in-law emailed to me. If it's a winner at our house, I'll post it!
  • Grilled burgers (have some leftover in the freezer) with homemade buns, cole slaw, corn on the cob
  • Grilled cheese sandwiches and Carrot-Tomato Soup
  • Breaded, fried chicken tenders with mashed potatoes, gravy, and a veggie
  • Out to eat/leftovers
Happy cooking!

No comments: