Sunday, October 27, 2013

Whole Roasted Chicken

I usually cook with boneless chicken breasts because of the convenience, but once in a while I'll cook a whole chicken like this. It's easy, and the chicken turns out moist and tender. Also because I cook veggies in and around the chicken, the whole meal cooks in one pan.

1 roasting chicken (about 3 pounds)
1/2 celery rib, cut in pieces
1 onion, quartered
1 carrot, cut in 2" pieces
fresh herbs, optional
salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste

Preheat oven to 375. Place chicken in roasting pan, breast side up. Place veggies and herbs (I like rosemary) in the cavity and any extras on the sides. Season liberally with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook for at least for 90 minutes or until cooked all the way through. Chicken is usually falling off the bone.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Yeah! I love your recipes, glad you are posting again!